We want to answer three questions on our home page right away. They are:
- Who are you?
- Why should I care?
- And what do you want me to do?
The 3rd question is really important and THAT is where we’re starting…
CTA (Call To action)
When someone arrives to your website we want to engage them as soon as possoble to start building trust.
You want to get them to start saying YES to you and one of the best ways to do that is with a powerful CTA (Call To Action).
A CTA can be a thousand things, like:
- PDF report
- Video series
- And more.
These are called Easy Yes Offers and can be free or a low-cost offer.
Your CTA should also stand out and make them want to take action. You do that by:
- Using a stand out colour on the button
- Using action words on the button
- Adding a visual of what they’ll receive (check out our home page for an example or the footer of this page)
Using social proof is a powerful way to build trust with your audience.
Social Proof shows them that other people trust you so they should too.
These can be in the form of:
- 5 Star reviews from Google Business (you can embed them onto your website)
- Testimonials from your previoud clients
- Screenshots of emails, comment, messages from your clients
- Video testimonials (WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THESE EASILY FROM YOUR CLIENTS)
Your About Page is actually one of the most viewed pages on your website, so creating one that really speaks to your audience is critical.
Yes, you want to share your story, background, history…but you also want to reiterate how you help THEM – your audience.
Add testimonials to this page too!
And, for MASSIVE impact, create a short, 30-90 second “About Us” video.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR MORE!
Alright, what about you? What do you think?
Share with me in the comments below what one of these tips you will implement ASAP!